Thursday, April 20, 2006

Commercials I Hate More Than Anything

These are hands down the most freaking disgusting commercials that I have ever seen. I cringe when they come on.

Lamisil (Digger)
This commercial is so terrible I have to close my eyes when it comes on. The brittle, cracked, dried out toenail is bad enough, but then when I see Digger, the little fungus monster lift up the toenail and jump in I freak out! While he's in there with his little fungus friends they are all digging around in the delicate under-toenail flesh! Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (I will post sometime about my strange OCD like behavior and how toenails are related to that.)

Mucinex
Ok, I guess some people have a problem with excess mucus. That is too bad, I imagine that would suck. I get congested with mucus in my upper respiratory system too sometimes when I am sick and it's a yucky feeling. However, I am pretty sure that my mucus does not wear suspenders and carry a fucking suitcase! I also feel confident that my mucus has not set up a little living room in my lungs, sinuses or bronchial tubes! Why do we have to put a face on everything? Why does mucus have to be human-like? Doesn't the artwork (if you can call it that) on these two ads look like it as drawn by the same person? Did the same ad agency come up with both of these disgusting campaigns? Fire them!

Quiznos (Bob the Talking Baby)
I love a toasty sub as much as the next person, but one thing I hate is babies with adult voices and fake mouths! It really freaks me out! I have to cover my ears and scream "Na na na na na na na na na na na na" when this commercial comes on. We have TiVo, so if DK is fast forwarding through the commercials and he sees this one, he keeps repeating it to bug me.

Can you think of any other terrible commercials? If so, tell me about them!

Related posts:
OCD Things - 4/21/06

No comments: