Saturday, June 10, 2006

My New Job at the Chocolate Factory


I really like my new job. My co-workers and supervisors are great in the ways that count, they are good at what they do and fun to be around. It's always nice to work with people that you know you would get along well with outside of work. I had that at my old job and I'm glad that it's the same at my new job.

The interface/product that I'm working on has 130 million users world wide. I have worked on some high visibility designs for this same company before (different product), but I think by far this is the biggest. That feels really good and makes all of the crazy hours worth it. I do miss spending time with DK since it seems that I am glued to my laptop.

The Chocolate Factory
I have been working between two locations. One is just a normal office but the other is a giant campus. When I'm on the campus I feel like I am in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. There are so many different buildings with different things happening in each, kind of like the different research and development rooms in Wonka's factory, you know like where they make the everlasting gum. There are shuttles that will take you all over the campus and that makes me think of the chocolate river with the boats that the Oompa Loompas use to get from place to place in the factory. I am of course one of the Oompa Loompas, I run around busily working on my task. (I don't mean that in a negative way, I like Oompa Loompas!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oompa loompas are hot