Thursday, February 16, 2006

Smoking & Bumble

I quit smoking about 12 days ago. It actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I feel solid in my resolve to keep it up.

I am going to use all of the money that I am saving on ciggs to buy stuff for my Bumble! (See pic - it's my car.) I want to get a new weather stripping kit so she won't leak anymore, a new horn so I can honk at all of the evil bitches in minivans and Camaros (no offense to the considerate minivan and Camaro drivers), and new interior panels. I can't wait till it warms up a bit and stays light out longer so I can spend more time fixing Bumble up!

Back to the horn. The other day some psycho in a minivan cut me off while I was driving Bumble. It was pretty bad; she zoomed by me going about 45 on a city street and immediately slammed on the breaks right in front of me. Guess what was hanging in the back window? Yep, a "Baby on Board" sign! I don't have kids, but if I did, I would do everything I could to keep them from being involved in a collision with a 1971 Transporter. Bumble is pretty much just a giant steel box on wheels! Put up against a bubble shaped fiberglass/aluminum piece of crap on wheels (minivan), I think Bumble would win. So since my horn doesn't work, I just scream at people. (The screaming has increased since I quit smoking.) I am pretty sure that they can't hear me, but it makes me feel better.

Related posts:
Little Miss Sunshine - 7/19/06
Camping - 6/14/06
Cars and Bumble Love - 4/17/06
Wanted: Pop Rivet Gun - 3/22/06
Shiny New Things - 3/02/06
Watch Out Bitches! - 2/28/06

No comments: