Friday, February 24, 2006

What I really think

Lotto Winners
You win 1/8 of 365 million dollars, the largest jackpot in lotto history. What would you say to the news media? Here are my favorite quotes from the eight record breaking lotto winners:
  • "We process hams... and corned beef"
    You just haaaad to throw the corned beef in there didn't you?

  • The one woman in the group is asked if she was married "No, it's all mine, he he heee!"
    OK, I LOVE this quote! :)

  • "I just want to make sure that it lasts me the rest of my life so that I don't have to return to work at 50 because I'm broke now or somethin'."
    Great idea! I have heard that a startling number of lotto winners go bankrupt, about 1/3 according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. Assuming this woman is 25 years old (low estimate) and she lives to be 90 (high estimate) she only needs to keep her spending under $238,461.54 a year. Is that really so hard?!?! And that is assuming that she doesn't earn a penny of interest on the money, like keeping it in the toilet tank, under the couch cushions, or under a floor board! (Yes, I am jealous.)

  • From one of the NBC anchors: "And we mentioned that one of the workers went to work throughout the week and that continued even last night. He actually worked the graveyard shift, Dan Galey (spelling) and when asked why in the world did he continued to do that, he said that he didn't want to let down his co workers, very admirable huh Matt?"
    Admirable is not the word that comes to my mind, but whatever.

You can watch the video here, but I already recapped the good parts. :)


Bird Flu
Ok - I know the bird flu is a very serious matter and we shouldn't laugh about it. But how can you not laugh at this photo? Are you joking? Is this really the most efficient way to catch a chicken? I think not! I tried to catch that peacock at the Ste. Michelle winery once. They are really fast and all I got was a feather. And no, I did not pull the feather off, it feel off during the pursuit.


Stupid Human Tricks
Is this seriously a competition? Who the eff competes in this? Where do these competitions take place? The poor pooch just wants a treat for god's sake. This crazy woman makes him dance to the whole freaking song "You're The One That I Want" from Grease? Watch the video.

3 comments:

bladio said...

i'm happy that the lottery winners are from my home state.

bladio said...

and re: dog thing. all i know is, i'm going to try my best not to let the image of that little routine permanently violate my extreme fondness for "grease". that is lame.

Ash said...

A note about earning interest off of your lotto winnings: "Under an investment plan, the Nebraska Powerball winners' $15.5 million, after accepting the lump sum and paying taxes, could produce a yearly income of about $500,000 a year." Source.