Monday, April 14, 2008

Spontaneous Coworker Combustion

The guy in the office across the hall from me smokes a pipe. I smelled something burning so I went over there to see if he could smell it to. His office was empty, but the smell was really strong in there. I was thinking that maybe I should call the front desk or pull the fire alarm (this building has a history of small electrical fires). A few seconds later, he comes strolling back down the hall with a big hole burned in the upper leg of his pants.

He had put his freshly smoked pipe in his pants pocket with a box of matches. He said about 10 minutes later a small fire ball erupted from his pocket, burning a hole in his pants and scorching his skin lightly. He had a cup of hot coffee on his desk so he doused his blazing pants with the hot coffee. Ouch.

I know its mean, but I had to laugh. I mean, he wasn't seriously hurt, so it was kind of funny.

4 comments:

Raggedy Angst said...

Now, THAT'S a Monday.

NuclearToast said...

HA HA HA HA HA!

bladio said...

OMG! did he have a sense of humor about it? i would have laughed. one time my friend at work told me she fell in the shower and i laughed and then i felt terrible! but i couldn't stop the laugh from coming out! (she was not seriously injured but was sore.)

Ash said...

Bladio:

Yes, he was laughing too, so that made me feel a little better about almost falling on the floor laughing.