Friday, October 10, 2008

301,139,945 free cans of Dr. Pepper


This spring, soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to “everyone in America” (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if “Chinese Democracy” were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008. A Dr Pepper spokesperson was not immediately available for comment.
Source: MSNBC - read the article

Yes, you read that right. I know, it surprised me too.

Assuming that a can of Dr. Pepper costs $0.39* the American public (excluding Slash and Buckethead) will receive a total of $117,444,578.55** worth of Dr. Pepper. That takes a little of the sting out of the financial bail out right? Hey - call George W - I think Dr. Pepper is going to need a financial bail out plan!

*Amazon Fresh price: $4.73/case

**I arrived at that number by taking the 2007 US census population count and subtracting two (poor Slash and Buckethead) and multiplying it by the price of a Dr. Pepper.
[301,139,947 - 2] x .39 = 117,444,578.55 (dollars)

***Do you know the name of the building featured in the photo above? I will give a free can of Dr. Pepper to the first person who answers that question correctly in the comments.

Fine print: Please specify regular or diet. If you comment anonymously I won't be able to get the Dr. Pepper to you. If you are a stranger and you comment with an answer, please provide me with a way to get in touch with you so I can mail the Dr. Pepper to you. Hopefully someone I know in real life wins so I don't have to go to the post office. I don't like it there. Too many old people and they don't know how to park.

3 comments:

DK said...

That is the Dr. Pepper museum - of course!

P.S. - I like the hidden message you left in the image's file name.

Ash said...

Yay! You won! :)

bladio said...

to get out of it, they are probably going to say they meant Chinese democracy in general, not the album.

i like a nice Dr. Pepper every now and again.